NOTE: The below Hospitality Worker Crisis Grant Program information IS NOT a program to assist with COVID-19 related emergencies. Applications that are COVID-19 related will not qualify. Any COVID-19 related requests need to be submitted through the newly formed Hospitality Cares Pandemic Response Fund using the link above. Application will be live on Saturday, March 21, 2020.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Louisiana Hospitality Foundation operates a Hospitality Worker Crisis Grant Program that provides emergency financial assistance to individuals working in Louisiana’s hospitality industry – one of the state’s largest employment sectors.
The Foundation raises funds through our signature fundraising events and other contributions, manages the application process for crisis assistance, and provides the administrative and financial services necessary to support the accounting and tracking of funds distributed.
Applicants must be dealing with an emergency outside of their control. Examples of emergencies include but are not limited to an auto accident, medical emergency, house fire, disaster (hurricane, flood, tornado), or death.
Crisis grant funding may include:
- Temporary mortgage or rent assistance
- Payment of medical-related bills
- Payment of basic utility bills
- Funeral service assistance
- Reside in Louisiana
- Work in a Louisiana hospitality position; be currently employed with their current employer for at least 180 days prior to applying for a crisis grant, as well as have worked in the hospitality industry for a minimum of one year in the last 18 months
- Have incurred an emergency outside of your control that caused a financial crisis
- Be able to provide backup documentation to prove the emergency
- Be able to demonstrate that applicant lacks other resources and options
Applications are reviewed within ten business days of submission. Please note that funds are limited, therefore it is not guaranteed that each qualified request for funding will be approved.