Hospitality Worker Crisis Grant Program
The Louisiana Hospitality Foundation operates a crisis grant program that provides emergency financial assistance to individuals working in Louisiana’s hospitality industry – one of the state’s largest employment sectors.
The Foundation raises funds through donations, as well as our signature fundraising events, manages the application process for crisis assistance, and provides the administrative and financial services necessary to support the accounting and tracking of funds distributed. We are also grateful for a generous donation from the Emeril Lagasse Foundation that supports this program.
Applicants must be dealing with an emergency outside of their control. Examples of program-supported emergencies include, but are not limited to, unexpected illness (including COVID-19), injury, death of an immediate family member, or house fire.
Crisis grant funding may include assistance for:
- Housing (mortgage or rent assistance)
- Medical-related bills
- Basic utility bills (gas, electric, water only)
- Funeral assistance
- Reside in Louisiana
- Work in a Louisiana hospitality position*; be with your current hospitality employer for at least 90 days prior to applying
- Have incurred a qualifying crisis such as an unexpected illness, injury, death of an immediate family member**, or house fire
- Be able to provide backup documentation to prove the emergency
- Be able to demonstrate that applicant lacks other resources and options
*Definition of a hospitality worker is a Louisiana resident serving guests in a Louisiana restaurant, bar or hotel, etc.)
**Definition of an immediate family member includes the hospitality worker, his/her spouse, parent, child or legal dependent.
***Please note a COVID diagnosis is only considered a qualifying event when the diagnosis has medical documentation of severe health complications.
NOTE: This program does not support
- Individuals experiencing a hardship solely due to business closings, layoffs/furloughs, or loss of hours at work.
- Anyone terminated for cause from their hospitality employer.
- Individuals experiencing a hardship due to Hurricane Ida.
Crisis Grant Funding Policy
If awarded, the grant is used to pay eligible expenses on behalf of the applicant including housing assistance, utilities (gas, electric or water), medical expenses, and/or funeral expenses. The program will not provide direct funding to an applicant. Please note that available funds are limited, therefore it is not guaranteed that each qualified request for funding will be approved.
All applications must be completed online at the link below. Applications are initially reviewed for eligibility within ten business days of submission, but due to high demand are taking longer for processing and grant committee evaluation. Employers are contacted to verify the applicants current employment in a hospitality position.
To submit an application, click the button below and complete all required fields.